Every year since 1977 , International Museum Day is organised worldwide on May 18.
Theme 2014 : Museum Collections makes Connections
Event Today at Kota : Brij Vilas Museum
- Today on International Museum Day, we invite you to celebrate the presence of the heart of culture and society of Kota : The Govt. Museum, Kota.
- According to Mr. Zafarullah Khan, Divisional Superintendent, Archaeology and Museums, Kota: 'This year the International Museum Day shall be marked with the Inauguration of a gallery displaying miniature painting of 17-19 century of Kota and Bundi school of Art. A fresh new brochure of the Brij Vilas Govt. Museum, Kota shall be released on 18 May 2014 at 11:00 am by the Hon'ble Vice Chancellor of University of Kota : Dr. Madhusudhan Sharma. Further the event shall progress with a panel discussion by the experts'
- Dr. JagatNarayan, avid historian shall grace the occasion with his presence.
- Eminent Historian, Heritage Conservationist and Co-ordinator of School of Heritage,Tourism, Museology and Archaeology (HTMA), Dr. Sushma Ahuja shall be present and shall grace the event by creating awareness about the significant role of Museum in our lives. Dr. Sushma Ahuja acknowledges the Collections and the remains that have been restored and preserved at the Museum.
- Faculty and Students of HTMA , INTACH members, RTDC Director, Director; Oriental Research institute, Professors of Govt Colleges, Historians, Travel Tour agencies are invited to grace the occasion and attend panel discussion.
- A Free entry to the Museum is provided for today to ensure more and more visitors visit the museum and feel the connection.
- The event is being coordinated by the Dept of Heritage,Tourism,Museology and Archaeology HTMA
- We invite everyone at the Museum today to get connected to the collections and feel privileged to have such a marvellous deep rooted heritage. (read more)